Opportunities for College Undergrads
We offer college students who have completed their sophomore or junior year the opportunity to participate in our Summer Undergraduate Research Program. If you are interested in pursuing an MD, PhD or MD/PhD, our program will provide you with a glimpse into life beyond your undergraduate years.
- Mentored hands-on research opportunities in Inflammatory Diseases and Atherosclerosis, Vascular Diseases, Pulmonary and Kidney diseases, and Cancer Biology
- Exposure to state-of-the-art equipment, laboratories, and experimental approaches
- Weekly meetings with scientists and physicians, journal clubs, and seminars
- A research symposium at the end of the summer with an opportunity to present a summer research project
Program & Financial Information
The program is 10 weeks long (June-August) and those accepted will receive a $4,000 stipend.
Criteria for Admission
- We welcome applications from rising junior or senior undergraduates who have completed at least one laboratory science course.
- Computational and quantitative minded students also are encouraged to apply.
- We are committed to increasing the number of students from underrepresented groups pursuing graduate degrees. If this describes you, indicate in your application.
How to Apply
Send your resume with lab courses and grades and a statement describing how a summer of research will help you achieve your professional goals to:
Roman Ginnan, PhD
Professor and Graduate Director
Department of Molecular & Cellular Physiology
For more information call:
518-262-1143 or 518-262-8102
Dates and deadlines for Summer 2024 TBA