How to Apply
The application deadline is Sept. 30.
Thank you for your interest in the Rheumatology Fellowship at Albany Medical College!
Our program looks for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Completed an ACGME-approved Internal Medicine Residency
- US Citizenship, “Green Card,” EAD or J1 Visa (no exceptions)
- Previous rheumatology experience, such as clinical experience, electives or rotations and/or research
- Individual who expresses long-term academic interest and clinical research preferred
- Position is available through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only
To apply to this program, you will need the following materials:
- ERAS application
- Personal statement
- USMLE I, II, III (minimum of 220 on your first attempt)
- Medical school transcript
- Dean’s letter
- Three current letters of recommendation
- History of previous training
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
We will not accept documents via fax or snail mail. If interested, the program will contact you to schedule an interview day. We do send rejection notices.
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions.
Michelle L. Snavely
Medicine Fellowship Coordinator
Albany Medical College
43 New Scotland Avenue, MC 17
Albany, NY 12208