Message from the Program Director
On behalf of the faculty and staff of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Albany Medical Center, I would like to thank you for your interest in our residency training program. Please take a few minutes to read about our program and see why we are so proud of it.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is a component of neurosciences at Albany Medical Center, which also comprises Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry. We offer first-class clinical facilities, internationally renowned physicians and scientists with expertise in all neuroscience specialties, and nationally recognized education and research programs.
Our residency program offers:
- A diverse clinical exposure, both in terms of disease process and socio-economic background
- Close daily contact between residents and faculty
- Close proximity of training sites
- Strong social network of residents and a supportive, family-like atmosphere
- Strong didactic component that emphasizes the integration of clinical and basic neurosciences
- Excellent Board pass rate
- No in-house call
- Four-year categorical program guarantees your PGY-1 year in Internal Medicine
- Devoted faculty who enjoy mentoring and teaching residents
- Graduates are prepared to directly enter independent practice upon completion of residency (historically, half of our graduates choose to pursue fellowships and half choose to directly enter practice)
If you are seeking a program with a director and faculty sincerely interested in the welfare and education of its trainees, one that combines academic excellence with a supportive and collegial environment, then our residency program may be the one for you! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Sara Huss, MD
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Albany Medical Center
43 New Scotland Ave., MC-79
Albany, NY 12208