How to Apply
The application deadline for this program is Dec. 1.
Thank you for your interest in our Family Medicine Residency Program at Albany Medical College!
Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to Albany Medical College's residency and fellowship programs:
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the U.S. accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have received a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) AND are graduates of schools approved by the New York State Department of Education OR have a full and unrestricted New York State license to practice medicine.
- You must have a J-1 visa, we do NOT sponsor H1 visas.
- Candidates may be considered who are currently enrolled in foreign medical schools if they are eligible for the Restricted Interim Certificate from ECFMG, issued to students who have passed the Basic Science, Clinical Science, and English examinations and are awaiting the issuance of their medical school diplomas.
Graduates from schools outside of the U.S. are ineligible for residency training in New York State if more than 12 weeks of clerkship training (during the third and fourth years of medical school) occurred outside of the country in which the medical school is located unless the New York State Education Department has approved that school's curriculum, as configured. A list of schools currently approved is available on the New York State Education Department’s website.
You are eligible to apply for a position in the Family Medicine Residency Program provided you meet the following criteria:
- All applicants must follow Albany Medical Center’s qualifications for employment.
- All applicants must use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) to apply to the Family Medicine Residency Program. No paper applications will be accepted.
- Graduation from medical school is preferred to be within the last two years. We will consider earlier graduation with subsequent residency or clinical experience.
All applications to this program are to be submitted through ERAS. To apply for this program through ERAS you will be required to submit the following materials:
- Personal statement
- USMLE or Comlex 1 and II scores
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's letter
- Three current letters of recommendation
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Photo (optional)
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Albany Medical Center
391 Myrtle Ave., Suite 4B
Albany, NY 12208