Broad Experience, Supportive Environment, Role-Model Faculty
If you are passionate about learning, a team player who enjoys challenges, caring, and fun-loving, our program is for you.
Personal and professional satisfaction is our goal. Our graduates have gone on to great accomplishments in academia, sports medicine, women's health, rural and urban practices, geriatrics, hospice and palliative care, hospital medicine, and more.
Highlights of our program include:
- Training in both academic and community hospital environments
- Privatized health center with onsite PharmD
- Tracks in obstetrics, international medicine, community outreach services, and palliative care
- Resident and faculty camaraderie, individualized educational goals
- In-office clinical sessions in osteopathic manipulative medicine (OMM), acupuncture, women’s reproductive health, sports medicine, and dermatology
- Strong practice management curriculum and career guidance
- Osteopathic recognition
We are an official RHEDI program.
Find out more about our curriculum, people, and how to reach us!
About the Albany Med Health System
Albany Medical Center, the anchor of the Albany Med Health System, is one of the largest teaching hospitals in New York State offering a wide range of outstanding clinical care – from routine preventative care to sophisticated cancer and surgical care to life-saving emergency medicine – while teaching the next generation of medical providers and advancing critical biomedical research.
Living in the Capital Region
Albany is a great place to live, learn and work. It is the center of a region known for its robust economy, arts and culture, colleges and universities and recreational opportunities.
As a resident or fellow of Albany Medical Center, there are many resources available to you to help manage the demands of being a physician. Our goal is to promote work-life balance and overall wellness by advocating for you and providing you with the tools to reduce burnout, depression, and other stressors you may encounter during your training.
Distinction in Quality and Leadership
This program promotes professional success for physicians through a deeper understanding of Health Systems Science.