The application deadline is Sept. 15.
Our program is looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable candidates who have:
- Completed an ACGME approved Internal Medicine Residency
- Gained clinical cardiology experience, including inpatient and outpatient elective rotations
- Demonstrated long-term academic interest and completed supervised clinical research projects
- Earned excellent letters of recommendations from Internal Medicine and Cardiology faculty
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. permanent residency, or eligibility for EAD or J1 Visa
To apply to this program you will need the following materials:
- ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- USMLE I, II, III (minimum of 240 on first attempt)
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter
- Three Current Letters of Recommendation
- History of Previous Training
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
How does ERAS work?
Contact the EFDO to receive an electronic token to access the ERAS system. The EFDO is your designated dean's office whether you are a U.S. medical school graduate or an international medical school graduate. EFDO is the central processing office for fellowship application materials submitted via ERAS. Complete the ERAS application or Common Application form (CAF), select programs and assign supporting documents to participating fellowship programs. EFDO receives notification of your completed application, and starts scanning and transmitting supporting documents: transcripts, LoRs, photographs and MSPEs.
Note: All documents in support of your fellowship application should be original versions and not copies; and are to be sent directly to the EFDO for processing. See mailing address below.Examining boards receive and process requests for score reports. Programs contact the ERAS Post Office on a daily basis to download application materials.
We will not accept documents via fax or snail mail. If interested, the program will contact you via email to schedule an interview day.
Feel free to reach out to us with questions.
Michelle L. Snavely
Cardiology Fellowship Coordinator
Albany Medical Center
Department of Cardiology
43 New Scotland Ave., MC-17
Albany, NY 12208