Our Mission, Vision & Values
The Albany Medical College Center for Physician Assistant Studies holds these core values.
The Center for Physician Assistant Studies, in support of the Albany Med Health System's mission as an academic medical system, has a responsibility to educate physician assistant students from demographically diverse backgrounds to meet the future primary and specialty health care needs of the region and the country by providing highly skilled, cost-effective, patient-centered care in a variety of settings.
This mission will be advanced through commitment to the values of Quality and Excellence, Collaboration, Confidentiality, Respect and Compassion, Integrity, Responsibility, Diversity, and Community Service.
- The Center for Physician Assistant Studies will continue to develop as a nationally recognized leader in physician assistant education through innovation and excellence.
- The Center will provide the community with a diverse cadre of highly trained professionals capable of performing in a wide variety of clinical settings.
- Graduates will be prepared for and encouraged to provide culturally competent care in rural and medically underserved areas.
- Faculty and graduates will contribute to the profession through scholarly efforts, participation in the profession's legislative and social agenda, and peer review.
- Faculty and graduates will contribute to the community by being active in political, social, and education endeavors that promote the health and wellbeing of the community.
Quality and Excellence
- Commit to excellence in all that we do.
- Achieve it through continuous quality improvement.
- Collaborate with clinical sites, preceptors, departments, committees, alumni, consortia, and professional organization.
- Utilize feedback from collaborators as a basis for program improvement.
- Emphasize a team approach to patient-centered care.
- Protect the privacy of our students and student records.
- Comply with HIPAA and respect patient confidentiality as a minimum expectation for students, staff, and faculty.
Respect and Compassion
- Show total unconditional regard for all patients.
- Demonstrate respect for each patient's person, privacy, culture, beliefs, and rights.
- Exhibit compassion for those entrusted to our care.
- Treat other members of the health care team in a professional manner.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
- Assure that all relationships are open, honest, and fair.
- Act responsibly in implementing the delegated practice of the supervising physician.
- Utilize resources in a cost-effective manner.
- Value diversity in the profession.
- Encourage community service through the admissions process, by example, and through collaboration.
- Instill a sense of responsibility for protecting and promoting health in the community.