Helpful Information for Inpatient Stays
- Three meals will be delivered daily to the room for the patient
- A breakfast cart is available near the main desk for parents at 6 am each morning
- Snacks and a coffee can be found in the Ronald McDonald Family Room
- The cafeteria is located on the 1st floor:
- 6:15 am-11:00 pm (Monday – Friday), 6:15 am-8:00 pm (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays)
- Menu books for local restaurants offering delivery are available on each unit
- Nourishment Room
- Microwave and fridge are available in the Nourishment Room.
- Extra food can be stored in the fridge/freezer. Make sure to label ALL ITEMS with patient name and date. Unlabeled items will be thrown out.
Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Located across from the D elevators
- Open 9 am-9 pm daily
- Staffed by volunteers from the Ronald McDonald House
- Offers snacks free of charge
- Loans movies to patients (two at a time)Located across from the D elevators
To General Pediatric Inpatient Units:
- Parents are encouraged and welcomed to stay. A sleepchair is provided at the bedside for one parent. Siblings and extended family will not be allowed to stay.
- Rooms may also be available at the Ronald McDonald House (a few blocks from the hospital). Ask a staff member if interested.
- Visitors other than parents are welcome 2:30 pm-8:30 pm.
- Siblings are welcome to visit after clearance from the patient’s nurse. However, they must be supervised at all times.
To Pediatric Intensive Care Units:
- Parents are encouraged to stay with their child.
- All visitations are at the discretion of the bedside nurse. If appropriate, visitors may come from 12:00pm-9:00pm.
- Two visitors are allowed at the bedside and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Siblings are welcome in the PICU for short visits. Children under 14 years of age need approval from the Charge Nurse. Siblings are not allowed to stay overnight. We highly recommend preparation for visitation by our Child Life Specialists.
- Inpatient units cannot validate parking for garage
- Vouchers are given for the day of admission and the day of discharge
- Extended Stay Passes are available at the Information Desk by the main entrance (5 passes for $5)
- Valet Parking is available free of charge
- For fresh linens ask a staff member.
- Washer and dryer are located next to the soda machine, outside D7N. We do not provide detergent.
- A shower and public restroom are located in the main hallway outside D7N.
Leaving the Unit
- Patients may leave the unit with nurse/doctor permission.
- Before leaving the unit, sign-out in the log book located at the front desk. When returning please sign-in.
Playroom and Play Equipment
- Our pediatric playrooms are located on D7N and C7. They are open from 9:30 am-7:30 pm.
- Due to infection control, the playroom is for patients only. Toys can be brought to patient rooms and siblings are welcome to play in the Ronald McDonald Room.
- Patients must be supervised by a parent or a staff member while in the playroom.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the playroom.
- Patients cannot come in the playroom if they are on droplet/contact or contact precautions. If you are unsure if the patient is on precautions, ask your nurse.
- Toys and equipment can be brought to patient rooms. When returning items, please place them in the Toy Return outside the playroom door. All items are sanitized before returned to Playroom.
- Video game systems are available on carts. Carts are located in the hallways.Please limit use to 45 minutes at a time.
- Free WiFi is available throughout the hospital