How To Make A Gift - Toy Donations
Time spent in the hospital, as a patient or a visitor, can be a stressful time for children. At Albany Medical Center, we want our youngest patients to feel as comfortable as possible. Certified Child Life Specialists use play to create a supportive environment, helping to alleviate some of this stress.
Help us make a child's day a little brighter by:
- Donating new and unwrapped toys to the Children's Hospital. Please refer to the list below for suggestions. The items currently needed the most are marked with **.
- Making Craft Kits to help children pass the time. Craft Kits are made up of directions and craft materials needed to complete the craft project. These are placed in a Ziploc bag to be given out easily to the children. Please call Child Life for more information at 262-3496.
- Volunteering your time at the Children's Hospital.
You can also help to brighten a child's day by providing the following:
- Crayons(packs of 8)
- Bead kits
- Coloring and activity books
- Colored pencils
- Construction paper (8x11)
- Fabric markers and paint
- Model cars, planes, etc. (easy level 1-2)
- Model magic
- T-shirts (all-sizes)
- Play-Dough (in small containers)
- Plaster or wood figurines for painting
- Sculpt Clay
- Water Color paint sets
- Wooden building kits
|Electronic Entertainment System Games (rated E, E+10 & T only)|
- DVD's - new releases (rated G, PG, and PG-13)
- Portable DVD player
- Ipod dock with radio and CD player
- Playstation 3 games and systems
- Wii Games**
- Xbox360 games and systems**
|Gift Cards (for our teens and families in need)|
- AC Moore
- Arts & crafts ($15)
- Barnes and Noble
- Book stores ($15)
- Choices Cafe' (Hospital Cafeteria- for families in need) to order call Jay Maderic manager 262-3208
- Colonie Center ($15)
- Crossgates Mall ($15)
- Dunkin' Donuts ($5)
- Gas cards (for families commuting to and from hospital)
- Movie passes**
- Clip on fans
- Magazine subscriptions (please ask for suggestions)
- Holiday and birthday decorations
- Mylar birthday ballons (not blown up, cannot be latex)
- New underwear (all sizes)
- Printing supplies for digital photos (HP Photosmart A512v-paper and ink cartridges ).
|Toys & Games|
- Board books
- Crib Toys (Fisher Price aquariums/rainforest soother or Baby Einstein Sea Dreams soother)**
- Fisher Price medical kits
- Fisher Price Rainforest Peek-a-Boo Leaves Musical mobile
- Legos (all sizes)
- Lullaby CDs
- Musical infant/toddler toys
- Nerf basketball hoops
- Squeeze stress balls
- Teethers/Rattles (must be all plastic-no fabric)
- Uno and other games
|Wish Lists: We have created wish lists at the following stores to identify specific useful toys, games, and resources. You may purchase items through the store or website and deliver them to the hospital or order online and arrange to have them shipped to us directly. |
- To find the wish list, enter the following:
First name: Childrens
Last name: Hospital
Please note: Please do not have items removed from wish list/ registry as you purchase them, as these items are needed on an ongoing basis. Thank you.
We are appreciative of donations of any size, but please contact us at email@example.com before donating a large quantity of items, or to inquire about our gift registries.
|We Can Not Accept|
- Used items.
- This includes books, fabric dolls, stuffed animals, cardboard games and puzzles because of difficulty with cleaning.
- Books or other items with religious content.
- Food items because many patients are on restricted diets.
- Rubber/latex balloons because of hazards of choking and allergies.
- Toys with detachable parts such as button eyes because they can be swallowed.
- Very large items and large pieces of equipment can not be accepted due to limited space.
To drop off toys contact:
The Albany Medical Center Foundation at 262-3835 or by email at Development@mail.amc.edu. We accept donations by appointment only at the Center Building at 628 Madison Avenue, Room 105A.