SYSTEMS ANALYST SR
IT: Information Technology/Services
Full Time / Part Time:
Requirements / Description:
15720 – Sr. Systems Analyst
The Sr. Systems Analyst within the Enterprise Document Management team will support the Siemens Electronic Document Management (EDM) and Health Information Management (eHIM) systems. This position will be part of the project team focused on the implementation and ongoing support for the EDM base system, Online Medical Records, Chart Completion and other related modules and systems. Responsibilities include designing, developing, implementing and supporting the document archiving repository that enables healthcare users to store, organize and access scanned documents and reports in the document management system. Additional responsibilities include managing the high speed scanning process that reads and files medical records electronically into appropriate patient folders, providing application support for the medical record deficiency system that identifies, assigns and reviews chart deficiencies and routes them to the appropriate clinician's queue and recommending and implementing associated workflows. This position will work closely with stakeholders and IS teams to ensure that the business needs of the EDM/eHIM project are met and that systems analysis, design, programming, testing and training activities are accomplished according to plan. In addition, this position will lead projects, mentor staff and provide strategies and recommendations to meet stated objectives.
· Associate degree.
· Five to seven years of experience in system design, or in any combination of programming languages, tools, and protocols.
· Ability to analyze complex informational requirements and needs, identify problems, provide technical advice and consultation, and ensure efficient computer systems utilization; analyze data and develop logical solutions to problems; interface effectively and cooperatively with computer system users to maintain efficient system utilization; monitor system utilization and recommend appropriate revisions to processes, procedures, and operations.
· Ability to interact at executive level as well as all levels within the institution with superior interpersonal and communication skills.
· Knowledge of health care specific applications and vendors: clinical, financial, resource, and decision support.
· Illustrate complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
· Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, health care, or financial and billing processes.
· Demonstrate strong command of project management disciplines and processes.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
· Bachelor degree.
· Experience with implementing electronic document management systems preferably in a healthcare environment. Specific experience with implementation and support of Siemens Electronic Document Management (EDM) and electronic Health Information Management (eHIM) preferred.
· Experience in application design, development and support, preferably in a complex healthcare environment.
· Experience with implementation and support or vendor-based solutions, as well as development of customized applications.
· Expertise in industry best practices regarding System Development Life Cycle and project management.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and author business requirements, scope definition, project charters and change management.
· Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, and healthcare applications, including electronic document management, health information management, revenue cycle and clinical systems.
· Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience as a team leader and facilitator.
· PMP certification or demonstrated program/project management expertise.
· Software vendor management expertise.
· Lean six sigma/process improvement.