Requirements / Description:
With direction from the Sterile Processing Manager, the Supervisor of Sterile Processing is responsible for all moment to moment processing operations on designated shift. Plans, directs, problem solves and performs quality measurements of all assigned tasks.
- Associate's degree in Business, Science or HealthCare related subject.
- Must be certified as a Sterile Processing Technician by on of the Sterile Processing certification bodies (IAHCSMM or CBSPD); if not already certified, must become certified within two years of hire or promotion.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in a customer-oriented service business. Strongly prefer previous hopsital-based Operating Room instrumentation or Central Supply/Central (Sterile) Processing experience, ideally in a computerized, fast paced environment.
- Proven leadership in a manufacturing environment is also desirable.
-Must be able to stand on feet most of shift, lifting up to 30 lbs.
-Basic knowledge of anatomy and biology, sterile technique, infection control, sterile storage and quality management concepts.
- Competence in Windows based personal computer hardware and business software; Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of surgical instrument management software is desirable.