Find a Doctor
With over 450 board-certified physicians, Albany Med Faculty Physicians are some of the most expert in their field. All Albany Med Faculty Physicians, along with a variety of other medical providers, are affiliated with Albany Medical Center Hospital. Find the right physicians who meet your medical needs.
Physicians displayed with the Albany Med logo participate in all listed insurance plans.
Those listed without the Albany Med logo may or may not accept all plans listed.
Please contact those physician's offices directly for a listing of participating insurance plans. Charges are available upon request.
Robert Cheney MD
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1998
Bone & Joint/Capital Region Orthopaedics
1367 Washington Avenue, Suite 200
Attn: Robin Ehlers
Albany, NY 12206
Tel: (518) 489-2666
Degenerative Cervical Spine Care
Lumbar and Thoracic Spine Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgery-Spine Division Fellowship
07/1995 - 06/1996
William Beaumont Hosp
Royal Oak, MI
07/1990 - 06/1995
Akron City Hospital
07/1989 - 06/1990
Maine Medical Center - Portland, ME
08/01/1985 - 05/1989
University of Vermont
Dr. Robert A. Cheney joined Capital Region Orthopaedics in 1996 and specializes in Spine Surgery. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Cheney is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons as well as the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor with the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Albany Medical Center.
Dr. Cheney is married with four children and is very active in local youth lacrosse and soccer community programs as well as family developed and run charitable organizations to assist cystic fibrosis patients and family in the community.
Associations / Awards
- Recognized as "Best Doctors in Capital Region" 2012
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Associate Clinical Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- American Medical Association
- Crawford Campbell Society
- Medical Society of New York
- Medical Society of Albany County
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society