Albany Med houses some of the most sophisticated imaging technology and facilities available in the region. Our radiologists, technicians and other medical professionals are highly skilled in utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, thereby maximizing the outcomes for our patients.
Dedicated Imaging Rooms and Recovery Unit
- A state-of-the-art 12-bed recovery unit within the Department of Radiology that is fully staffed with nurses and available for patients to recover from all image-guided procedures.
- Six ultrasound rooms, along with two portable units serving the interventional radiology division for ultrasound-guided procedures. In addition, pediatric radiology has dedicated space for fluoroscopy and diagnostic radiology.
- Six angiographic suites devoted to interventional and neurointerventional procedures; one of these suites is located within an operating room.
- Two new GE Medical Systems digital radiography rooms.
Imaging Technology Designed with Patients in Mind
- Six CT scanners, one of which is virtually devoted to performance of interventional procedures
- Ingenia Wide-Bore 3.0 Tesla MRI manufactured by Philips
- Three 1.5 Tesla MRI scanners manufactured by General Electric
- Three Lorad digital mammography units
- A 16-slice scanner is located in the hospital to accommodate ICU patients and minimize the need to transport them across the hospital for these imaging studies.
- Two 64-slice multidetector scanners with EKG-gated hardware and software to permit cardiac CT applications
- Four Vitrea 3D workstations from Vital Images, Inc. for post processing and 3D support for CT and MRI imaging studies
- Four dual-head SPECT gamma cameras in the Nuclear Medicine Department
- A PET CT scanner is located within Albany Med’s Cancer Center
- An iSite PACS (Picture Archiving and Communications Systems) supporter by a Stentor web-based image server.