- Three meals will be delivered daily to the room for the patient
- A breakfast cart is available near the main desk for parents at 6 am each morning
- Some snacks and a coffee can be found in the Ronald McDonald Family Room
- The cafeteria is located on the 1st floor:
- 6:15 am-11:00 pm (Monday – Friday), 6:15 am-8:00 pm (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays)
- Nourishment Room
- Microwave and fridge are available in the Nourishment Room.
- Extra food can be stored in the fridge/freezer. Make sure to label ALL ITEMS with patient name and date. Unlabeled items will be thrown out.
- A binder of menus for local restaurants is available at the nurses station.
Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Located across from the D elevators
- Open 9 am-9 pm daily
- Staffed by volunteers from the Ronald McDonald House
- Offers snacks free of charge
- Loans movies to patients (two at a time), whenever a volunteer is available
Visitation (Exceptions apply to PICU - Ask staff for more info)
- Parents are welcome anytime! One sleepchair is provided at the bedside. Rooms may also be available at the Ronald McDonald House (a few blocks from the hospital). Ask a staff member if interested.
- Visitors other than parents are welcome 2:30 pm-8:30 pm.
- Siblings are welcome to visit after clearance from the patient’s nurse. However, they must be supervised at all times.
- Cells phones CAN NOT be used in patient rooms or anywhere on the unit. A “Cell Phone Safe” area is located beyond the Ronald McDonald Room (at the junction of the C and D buildings). Cell phones can interfere with medical equipment. Thank you for cooperating.
- Each patient has a phone at bedside. These phones can be used at anytime, free of charge. The phone number is written on the phone.
- Inpatient units cannot validate parking
- Vouchers are given in welcome packet for the day of admission and the day of discharge
- Extended Stay Passes are available at the Information Desk by the main entrance (5 passes for $5)
- For fresh linens ask a staff member.
- Washer and dryer are located next to the soda machine, outside D7N. We do not provide detergent.
- A shower and public restroom are located in the main hallway outside D7N.
Leaving the Unit
- Patients may leave the unit with nurse/doctor permission.
- Before leaving the unit, sign-out in the log book located at the front desk. When returning please sign-in.
Playroom and Play Equipment
- Our pediatric playrooms are located on D7N and C7. The playroom is open 9:30 am-7:30 pm.
- Due to infection control, the playroom is for patients only. Toys can be brought to patient rooms and siblings are welcome to play in the Ronald McDonald Room.
- Patients must be supervised by a parent or a staff member while in the playroom.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the playroom.
- Patients cannot come in the playroom if they are on droplet/contact or contact precautions. If you are unsure if the patient is on precautions, ask your nurse.
- Toys and equipment can be brought to patient rooms. When returning items, please place them in the Toy Return outside the playroom door. All items are sanitized before returned to Playroom.
- Video game systems are available on carts. Carts are located in the hallways. Please limit use to 45 minutes at a time.