Changes occur rapidly in the field of HIV. This hands-on course is designed to provide practitioners with the most up-to-date clinical information to assist in their care of patients living with HIV. This training program is funded by the Northeast/Caribbean AIDS Education & Training Center (NECA AETC) through the Health Resources and Services Administration.
Mini-residencies consist of:
- Clinical evaluation and monitoring of asymptomatic HIV positive patients to include physical examination and laboratory findings.
- Clinical evaluation of symptomatic HIV positive patients to include treatment recommendations and referrals.
- Didactic lectures.
At the conclusion of the training, the practitioner should be able to:
- Discuss specialty care and treatment of HIV-infected persons.
- Recognize the early signs and symptoms of HIV disease to improve early diagnosis of infected persons.
- Describe the functioning of an HIV Care team.
This intensive training program incorporates didactic and clinical sessions. The didactic portion includes a combination of web-based self-study and in-person lectures. Participants must submit a written evaluation commenting on their training experience and a course evaluation. A certificate of completion is awarded upon completion of all requirements
To be eligible, you must be a citizen of the United States and you must be licensed in the state of New York.
For information about mini-residencies offered at each academic medical center, please select one of the links below.
Stay Connected with the Northeast/Caribbean AIDS Education & Training Center (NECA AETC) after your training:
The ACCESS Certificate Program is a unique integration of didactic and experiential training, providing participants with access to the diverse conferences, workshops, preceptorships and consultation services offered by the Northeast/Caribbean AIDS Education & Training Center (NECA AETC). It is a multiple-day individualized training for minority serving providers working in communities highly impacted by HIV. If you are interested, please indicate on the application form.
As an Academic Health Sciences Center, Albany Medical Center unites the many programs of Albany Medical Center Hospital and Albany Medical College.