Albany Medical Center Code of Conduct
Our organization's Code of Conduct is rooted in our values. All staff are responsible for demonstrating a personal commitment to these values:
Quality and Excellence
We expect a commitment to quality care & overall excellence from all employees. We focus on doing the right thing at the right time for the right patient.
The safety of our patients is of paramount importance. In addition, our patients have a right to privacy. Patient information is kept confidential at all times and the status of a patient's care is not to be discussed in public areas.
Our priority is to provide our patients, students, staff and all others with the great customer service. We thank individuals for choosing Albany Medical Center and strive to exceed their expectations.
You will be expected to incorporate the following customer service standards into your daily work:
- We are caring, competent and professional in the performance of our jobs.
- We work together to coordinate and improve services.
- We keep our environment cheerful, clean and comfortable.
- We provide prompt, reliable, convenient and accessible service.
- We treat our customers with respect, courtesy and personal attention.
- We anticipate our patients' needs and expectations, addressing them with a sense of urgency.
Everyone is responsible for dressing and behaving according to our professional image standards.
Smoking is prohibited on our property, as well as sites owned and/or leased by Albany Med including walkways, sidewalks, driveways and parking areas/garages in and around Albany Med facilities.
You will be expected to establish positive, cooperative and respectful relationships with coworkers and employees throughout Albany Medical Center.
We are committed to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
We are committed to a compassionate approach to patient care that respects an individual's rights to respect, dignity and understanding.
We manage all of our resources in a fiscally responsible manner.