1. Must hold and maintain CPC/CPS certification
2. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
3. Code and enter data from medical documentation; interface effectively and cooperatively with computer system and their Users to maintain efficient system utilization; monitor system utilization and recommend appropriate revisions to processes, procedures, and operations.
4. Ability to document findings and analysis.
5. Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of business and technical expertise.
6. Familiar with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology; healthcare finance and billing processes.
7. Good interpersonal relationship skills.
8. Must be able to identify ICD-9, CPT codes and appropriate modifiers for service rendered from outpatient encounters, inpatient logs, Allscripts documentation, and dictated notes.