How To Make A Gift - Securities
If the stock is held in certificate form by you:
- Enclose in one envelope the certificate(s) together with a letter stating the desired purpose of your gift. Do not place any endorsement or assignment language, or any other written notations on the certificate(s).
- Enclose in a separate envelope, an equal number of stock powers, each bearing only your signature for your name as it appears on the face of the corresponding certificate(s). Do not include any other written information or notations on the stock power(s).
- Send the two separate envelopes by certified first-class mail to:
Attn: Erica Rosenfeld
Albany Medical Center Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 8928
Albany, NY 12208
If the stock is held by a bank or brokerage firm:
- Notify the Foundation Office of your stock gift intentions by calling (518) 262-3322 or email Erica Rosenfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that the transaction is processed in a timely and efficient manner, it is important that you provide the name and telephone number of your banker or broker, a description of the stock (company and number of shares), and the anticipated date and desired purpose of the gift.
- Inform your banker or broker, either in writing or by telephone, that you wish to make a gift of shares from your account to Albany Medical Center Foundation.
- Broker: Wells Fargo Advisors
37 Henry Street, Suite 201
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
(800) 581-5196, Ext. 5005
- Tax Identification #: 14-6023119
- Account #: 1069-8664
- F.A. # PSE1
- DTC #: 0141
- Send letter of intention stating the purpose of your gift
For more information on Gifts of Appreciated Securities, contact:
Albany Medical Center Foundation
43 New Scotland Avenue, MC 119
Albany, NY 12208