The mission of the Sosa Academy of Medical Sciences is to recognize excellence, reward achievement, and promote innovation in the education of health professionals.
|Henry Pohl, M.D., left is congratulated by Vincent P. Verdile, M.D., right, dean of the Albany Medical College, as the inaugural Julio M. Sosa, M.D., Chair of Medical Education|
- Provide advocacy and support for faculty educators
- Stimulate curriculum development and reform across the continuum of medical education
- Offer a variety of faculty development activities
- Emphasize the patient Â‹ doctor relationship
- Encourage extramural funding for educational activities
- Promote educational scholarship in the form of presentations and publications
Membership in the Academy is selective and recognizes outstanding contributions as an educator at Albany Medical College.