Surgeons at Albany Med are experts in their field and provide patients with comprehensive, compassionate pre- and post-operative care.Learn More
Albany Med offers a wide range of general surgical treatments for patients.Learn More
Our da Vinci-trained physicians offer our patients less-invasive surgical procedures that often results in shorter hospital stays.Learn More
Todd Beyer, MD
Welcome to the Albany Medical Center General Surgery training program. Our program is fully accredited by the ACGME and provides what we feel is outstanding training in General Surgery. Residents are exposed to all areas of General Surgery. The operative case volume greatly exceeds the American Board of Surgery and ACGME index case requirements. Our graduates pass both the Qualifying and Certifying examinations of the American Board of Surgery. All residents attend outpatient clinics with our faculty gaining experience in the initial diagnosis and postoperative follow-up of the surgical patient. Faculty mentoring, in both basic translational and clinical research is available to all residents throughout the five years of the program. Our residents have obtained fellowship training in notable programs throughout the country. I hope that you will strongly consider the Albany Medical Center for your training in General Surgery.
- A comprehensive training program in General Surgery with near uniform pass rate for the American Board of Surgery examination.
- Exposure to all Surgical subspecialties, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care.
- Didactic sessions that emphasizes both basic and clinical science Faculty/Resident ratio 1:1.
- Collegial environment, young faculty, congenial support staff.
- Simulation laboratory with plans for a comprehensive simulation center.