Teaching conferences are held on Wednesday afternoons from 1pm to 4pm. (September to June). Each one hour didactic session focuses on:
- Basic Science, Practice Management, or Systems Based Practice Seminars
- Clinical Anesthesiology
- Problem-based Learning Discussions of a clinical problem.
Faculty are assigned to every teaching session, and a resident is assigned to help facilitate the Problem Based Learning Discussions. Group mock oral practice sessions are conducted by our Chairman, key Faculty, or Visiting Professor once a month.
About once every six weeks, the didactic conference is replaced by 3 hour Workshops or Simulation sessions.
Recent activities include:
- Advanced Airway Management
- Cadaver and Ultrasound Anatomy for Regional Anesthesia
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills Workshops, using standardized relatives
- Learning to teach Workshops
- Transesophageal Echo anatomy, image acquisition, and review of basic echo views
A Journal Club and research forum is also held once each month.
Grand Rounds are once a week on Thursdays from 7am to 8am.