The mission of the Perinatal Outreach Program is to work collaboratively with hospitals and community programs to advance the improvement of quality perinatal healthcare within the NENY region for patients, families and communities.
The program fulfills specific institutional needs and requests through:
- Clinical Case Review
- Clinical, Quality and Data Site visits
- Professional Guidelines for Standards of Care
Meet NYS 405.21 regulations as a Level IV, Regional Perinatal Center
Meet NYS 721 regulations as a Level IV, Regional Perinatal Center
Meet NYS 422 regulations as a Level IV, Regional Perinatal Center
The program also evaluates the effectiveness of the Perinatal Outreach Program based on customer/member satisfaction.
- Keep the patient and family, in a culturally sensitive manner, at the center of the decision making.
- Respond in a user friendly and timely manner.
- Improve patient care through evidence based practice while maintaining patient and institutional confidentiality.
- Maintain a coordinated, consistent and flexible approach to the changing needs of the regional hospitals, healthcare professionals and community agencies.
- Update the Perinatal Outreach Program based on feedback and data from regional hospitals, healthcare professionals and community agencies.
- Promote joint accountability for improved patient outcomes between the Regional Perinatal Center, the NENY Regional Hospitals, healthcare professionals, community agencies and NYSDOH.
For more information, contact Albany Medical Center's Perinatal Outreach Program offices:
Tel. - (518) 262-8447
Fax. - (518) 262-4159