Albany Medical Center has been providing HIV and AIDS treatment and counseling for patients in the 22 county regions we serve since 1981. In May 1987, the NYS Department of Health designated Albany Medical Center as a regional AIDS Treatment Center, charged with the provision of a wide range of services to people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and AIDS. The designation as an AIDS Treatment Center allows for increased services, coordinated care, and a wider range of programs.
We provide a wide range of services on a 24-hour basis for people with HIV infection and AIDS and our case managers will help patients identify resources available to help pay bills if needed. Albany Med strives to provide the most comprehensive services, including medical, social, nutritional, psychological, educational and clinical research services to both hospitalized patients and outpatients regardless of their location or ability to pay.
Our goal is to offer accessible, quality health care to those who become HIV-infected in the service area of Albany Medical Center. We help coordinate support services for patients seeking care by working with community organizations. Our expert staff, health care providers, and community members receive continued education about HIV infection and provide compassionate and appropriate care to patients.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV Prevention (518-262-6923)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Services (518-262-4043), Screening, Treatment and Prevention.
- Education to patients about the Human Immunodeficiency Virus and resulting illnesses.
- A 24-hour provider hotline (518-262-4043)
- Confidential HIV testing with rapid results at our Albany and Kingston locations, at no charge. (518-264-6828)
- Nutrition program
- Substance use program
Click here for more information and to learn about the many other services available.
Please use the following form to sign up for our lists