Six Albany Med Nurses Honored with Pillars of Nursing
May 13, 2014 - Albany , NY
ALBANY, N.Y., May 13, 2014 ‹ Six Albany Medical Center nurses have been honored with the Pillars of Nursing Awards ‹the highest nursing award bestowed by the Medical Center for excellence in patient care and leadership.
"Their stories speak of leadership, caring, and collaboration, and the passion for putting the patient first," said Mary Ellen Plass, RN, MS, CENP, senior vice president and chief nursing officer. "These nurses are emblematic of the exceptional care Albany Med nurses provide each and every day."
The Pillars of Nursing Award recipients are:
* Dorothy Augenstein, of Guilderland, RN, Pediatrics
* Kim Kahn, RN, MSN, of Valatie, Clinical Nurse Specialist of Orthopedics
* Jim Matousek, of Coxsackie, RN, Vascular Surgery
* Joyce Swanson, of Guilderland, RN, BSN, Nurse Manager of PACU, Surgical and Interventional Services
* Lisa Welter, of Slingerlands, RN, BSN, Nurse Manager of Elective Orthopedics
* Jacalyn Vitolo, of Coxsackie, RN, Neuroscience progressive Care Unit
National Nurses Week was celebrated May 6-12, and the Pillars ceremony is the pinnacle of recognition events held throughout the week at Albany Medical Center.
Albany Medical Center, northeastern New York's only academic health sciences center, is one of the largest private employers in the Capital Region. It incorporates the 734-bed Albany Medical Center Hospital, which offers the widest range of medical and surgical services in the region, and the Albany Medical College, which trains the next generation of doctors, scientists and other healthcare professionals, and also includes a biomedical research enterprise and the region's largest physicians practice with more than 400 doctors. Albany Medical Center works with dozens of community partners to improve the region's health and quality of life. For more information: www.amc.edu or www.facebook.com/albanymedicalcenter.
(518) 262 - 3421
Statistical information presented in press releases may no longer be valid.