Requirements & Eligibility
Residents admitted each year are integrated into the department and participate with faculty in developing their own areas of expertise across four years of intensive training in psychiatry.
Applications for PGY-1 positions are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and should be received no later than mid-December. Interviews are scheduled from October to February.
To apply for this program through ERAS you will be required to submit the following materials:
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE Steps I and II or COMLEX
- Medical School Transcript and Diploma/Certificate
- Dean's Letter
- 3 Current Letters of Recommendation
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
Psychiatry Residency Program Requirements for Albany Medical Center:
- Applications will only be accepted through ERAS.
- Albany Medical Center does not sponsor H1-B visas.
- Minimum scores for USMLE’s are 187. Priority is given to applicants who have passed CSA.
- Priority will be given to applicants who either practiced Psychiatry in their home country or who obtained a neuroscience related graduate degree or training in the neurosciences in this country.
- The personal statement should be well written, demonstrate a command of written English, and provide information regarding the applicant’s interest in Psychiatry.
- A period of no longer than 10 years shall have elapsed since graduation from medical school if not actively engaged in medical practice or training.
We encourage you to visit the web site, http://www.amc.edu/GreatPlace/index.html to learn more about our area.
-Thank you for your interest.-
|The application deadline for this program is January 1st.|
For additional information, please contact our program.