The Division of Urology is dedicated to be the leading provider of Urological care in the Capital Region. We will achieve this by:
- Providing the most appropriate, state-of-the-art care to our patients.
- Earning the loyalty of our patients and their families by consistently exceeding their expectations for personal services, warmth, and timeliness.
- Educating our patients and their families about their illness in order to allow them informed choices about their healthcare.
- Providing both compassionate care and emotional support for our patients and their families as needed to deal with their illness and complex social situations.
- Regularly evaluating our outcomes to be certain that our interactions with patients are both productive and cost effective.
The Division of Urology is dedicated to improving the knowledge of other physicians to enable them to take care of urological problems better. We will achieve this by:
- Teaching medical students about urology.
- Providing post-graduate trainees with a stimulating atmosphere in which to observe and learn the highest quality urological care so they can become future leaders in the field.
- Giving community urologists regular opportunities to update their urological
- Offering post-graduate education on urological issues for primary care physicians in the Capital Region and urologists nationally.
- Regularly monitoring and evaluating our educational programs.
The Division of Urology is dedicated to improving the fundamental knowledge base in urology. We will achieve this by:
- Offering our patients the option to test the latest medical products and pharmaceutical options, even as they are being evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration for efficacy and safety.
- Using imaginative clinical research protocols to advance knowledge of medical and surgical conditions.
- Performing unique laboratory research to uncover basic pathophysiologic mechanisms of urological illness and thereby discover new prevention and treatment strategies.
- Collaborating with epidemiologic and outcomes researchers to evaluate the incidence and significance of urological disorders, as well as to document the benefits of our therapies.
Please browse these pages to learn more, and please contact our program with any questions you may have.
Contact Our Program