How to Apply to our Program
PLEASE REVIEW THE NEW RECRUITMENT SCHEDULE FOR FELLOWSHIP TRAINING ON THE ERAS WEB SITE.
Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program here at the Albany Medical College, Albany, New York.
Our program looks for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Completed an ACGME approved Internal Medicine Residency
- US Citizenship, 'Green Card', EAD or J1 Visa (no exceptions)
- Previous Cardiology experience such as clinical experience, electives or rotations and/or research)
- Individual who expresses long-term academic interest and clinical research preferred
- Position will be available through ERAS only
To apply to this program you will need the following materials:
- ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE I, II, III (minimum of 90 on your first attempt)
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter
- 3 Current Letters of Recommendation
- History of Previous Training
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
The application deadline is September 15th for the 2014 curriculum year. We will not accept documents via fax or snail mail. If interested, the program will contact you via email to schedule an interview day. We do send rejection notices. If you need additional information, please email Michelle Snavely, Fellowship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, thank you for your interest in our Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program!
How does ERAS Fellowships work?
- Contact the EFDO to receive an electronic token to access the ERAS system. The EFDO is your designated dean's office whether you are a U.S. medical school graduate or an international medical school graduate. EFDO is the central processing office for fellowship application materials submitted via ERAS.
- Complete the ERAS application or Common Application form (CAF), select programs and assign supporting documents to participating fellowship programs.
- EFDO receives notification of your completed application, and starts scanning and transmitting supporting documents: transcripts, LoRs, photographs and MSPEs. Note: All documents in support of your fellowship application should be original versions and not copies; and are to be sent directly to the EFDO for processing. See mailing address below.
- Examining boards receive and process requests for score reports.
- Programs contact the ERAS Post Office on a daily basis to download application materials.