Regional Data System
Albany Medical Center's Perinatal Outreach Program established a regional database in 1997 that supports each affiliate’s participation in the Statewide Perinatal Data System (SPDS). The SPDS includes the birth certificate module, and the NICU module.
These data sources are used to provide aggregate cohort and regional reports, and to support data requests from affiliate hospitals and other community perinatal programs.
- Regional and cohort data reports.
- 16 hospitals in NENY region participate in the SPDS.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) module tracks neonates admitted to regional NICU programs.
- The SPDS standard reports provides the affiliate hospitals with information for their own quality improvement initiatives and QA/QI reporting needs.
- Aggregate regional and cohort (hospitals of like size) reports are available to affiliate hospitals.
These data are used to support the needs of:
- Regional Perinatal Outreach site visit program.
- Regional Perinatal Center staff.
- NENY regional hospitals.
- Regional perinatal education.
- Perinatal stakeholders.
- Quality improvement.