The Birth Place at Albany Medical Center is the only birthing center in the Capital Region that provides both the medical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities to support all childbirth experiences, from the most routine to the most high risk. We practice a family centered model of care and strongly encourage education and family support.
The Birth Place at Albany Medical Center offers a comfortable, welcoming birthing environment with access to all of the facilities of the region’s premier hospital:
- Private labor and birthing rooms
- 21 private postpartum rooms (Women are encouraged to room in with their infant, but we do have a nursery available for your use).
- 3 LDRP rooms (Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum) for women who would like to stay in the same room from admission through discharge.
- Board certified physicians in neonatology and a broad range of other pediatric subspecialties.
- Around the clock maternal-fetal medicine and obstetric anesthesiology services.
- Access to the region's only New York State designated Level IV Regional Perinatal Care Center and state designated Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (designations awarded only to those hospitals that maintain an experienced, highly trained staff, as well as sophisticated facilities).
- Access to The Children's Hospital at Albany Medical Center - the region's only hospital dedicated exclusively to the health and well-being of infants, children and adolescents.
Get to Know Us
We regularly offer tours of the Birth Place and a range of educational programs. If you are interested in attending, please call 518-262-8447, weekdays between 8-4 pm.
For general information about the Birth Place, please call 518-262-8300, weekdays between 9-3 pm. Thank you for considering The Birth Place at Albany Med and best wishes for a safe and happy pregnancy.