The HALO90 focal ablation device is designed to treat small areas of Barrett’s esophagus, independently or in conjunction with the HALO360 System.
Using standard endoscopy techniques, the physician activates and controls the different functions of the HALO90 System.
- The ablation catheter is first mounted onto the endoscope.
- Both devices are introduced into the esophagus.
- By manipulating the endoscope, the ablation catheter is positioned within the esophagus at the affected portion of the esophagus.
- The physician delivers ablative energy to the targeted tissue. The energy application is less than 1 second and is delivered in an automated manner. The design of this technology limits the energy delivery to a depth clinically shown to remove the diseased tissue (less than 1 mm) while reducing the risk of injury to the deeper tissue layers.
- For patients with more than one lesion of Barrett's esophagus, the HALO90 Ablation Catheter is repositioned and the ablation steps are repeated.