Students Care for Kids - Fundraising Ideas
Want a fun and easy way to get your students involved? Sell Students Care for Kids icons to your friends and peers for $1 each. Post the icons on a prominent wall in your school to show support for the Children's Hospital at Albany Med!
- Read-A-Thon: Students collect pledges from family and friends based on how many books they read in a month. You can also host a story time for younger students and make it fun by allowing them to wear their pajamas for a Read-A-Thon day.
- Change Wars: Compete with your fellow classmates with a change war. See which grade or classroom in your school can collect the most change. The winning team will get a personal sundae party hosted by us, Albany Med!
- Bake Sale: Have a class or group sell baked goods during lunch, after school or at sporting events.
- Pencil Sale: Sell Children’s Hospital pencils for $ .50. Pencils provided by Albany Med.
- Bowl-A-Thon or Roller-A-Thon: Students fundraise in order to attend a roller-skating or bowling party. Students will solicit donations, not pledges, from friends, family and neighbors. We suggest setting the minimum amount to participate at $ 20-$40. The minimum money raised will include bowling/roller-skating, rentals, pizza and soda. **Most rinks or bowling alleys will give discounted rates for groups. Ask to get pizza and/or soda donated to keep cost down**
- Dance-A-Thon: Get your dancing shoes on and host a dance-a-thon for your school! Charge an admission fee and sell pizza and beverages at the event.
- Movie Night: Host a movie night in your cafeteria, gym or auditorium. Charge $5 for admission. To raise more money, have a concession stand with candy and beverages for sale.
- Car Washes: Practice team building with a car wash! Get your message of philanthropy out to the community by advertising the event with our Children's Hospital balloons.
- Spaghetti Dinner: Students host spaghetti dinner for the community and student body. Have local business donate food and beverages.
- Walk-A-Thon: Walk with a purpose and host a walk-a-thon for your school. Invite the community and charge an admission fee or encourage donations. Need a finish line? Try our Children's Hospital banner!
- Kickball Tournament: Host a school-wide kickball (or other sport) tournament. Set a minimum donation per team to participate. Get a prize donated for the winning team.
Sign Up Today
Contact: Albany Medical Center Foundation
Attn: Students Care for Kids
43 New Scotland Avenue MC 119
Albany, NY 12208
Fax: (518) 262-4769