The admissions requirements* for the Center for Physician Assistant Studies are as follows:
- Baccalaureate degree including the following prerequisites with grades of C or better:
-General Chemistry I and II with Labs (8 semester hours)
-Biochemistry, Organic, or other advanced chemistry (3 semester hours)
-General Biology I and II with Labs (8 semester hours)
-Anatomy and Physiology I and II or equivalent with labs (8 semester hours)
-Microbiology with Lab (4 semester hours)
-Statistics (3 semester hours)
-Psychology (3 semester hours)
-English Composition or other writing intensive course (3 semester hours)
One Chemistry and one Biology Science within five years.
All lab courses must be hands on.
- 1000 hours of responsible health care experience (more information)
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Completion of the GRE
- Internet-based TOEFL Score > 100 or equivalent (if applicable)
- Application through the Centralized Application Process for Physician Assistant Programs (CASPA)
- Supplemental application with $60.00 fee
- Interview (by invitation)
- Accepted applicants must meet Technical Standards for Physician Assistant Students
*NOTE: Applicants must have completed all admission requirements (including health care experience) at the time of their application.
For more information, contact:
Center for Physician Assistant Studies
Albany Medical College
47 New Scotland Ave. MC-4
Albany, NY 12208-3412
Alternative Admissions Pathways:
The Center for Physician Assistant Studies has early assurance admissions for college seniors and/or BS/MS joint programs for high school graduates with the following schools:
*Please contact the admissions office of the appropriate school if interested in these joint programs.