Requirements & Eligibility
Thank you for your interest in the Neurosurgery Program at Albany Medical Center. Our eligibility criteria incorporates a review of all materials submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service. We do not utilize any single application element in our consideration of these materials. Personal interview is required. We generally receive over 150 applications and invited 25 -30 to interview. All applications are through ERAS. This is a 6-year categorical program. Our resident complement is 2-1-2-1-2-1.
- If you are an IMG, must have a J1 visa or permanent residency. We do not sponsor H1 visas.
- USMLE of 215 or better are preferred (1st attempt).
- IMPORTANT: We cannot accept for residency any IMG with more than 12 weeks of clinical clerkship outside of the country of their medical school unless person is a graduate from one of the following medical schools which have been approved by the NYS Education Department. (This is a NYS rule.)
- American University of Antigua, Antigua
- American University of the Caribbean, St. Martin, Netherland Antilles
- The Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico
- English Language Program, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Medical School, Debrecen, Hungary
- English Language Program, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
- English Language Program, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
- Fatima College of Medicine, Manila, Philippines
- International Health and Medicine Program, Ben Gurion University of the Negrev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
- Medical University of the Americas/Nevis, Nevis, West Indies
- Ross University School of Medicine, Roseau, Dominica
- Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherland Antilles
- St. George's University School of Medicine, St. George's, Grenada
- St. Matthew's University School of Medicine, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands (if graduated after 2003)
- Graduation from medical school within 3 years.
|The application deadline for this program is November 1st. All applications to this program are to be submitted through ERAS. To apply for this program through ERAS you will be required to submit the following materials:
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE Steps I and II
- Medical School Transcript and Diploma/Certificate
- Dean's Letter (not necessary at time of application.
- 3 Current Letters of Recommendation
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
|The application deadline for this program is November 1st. |
For additional information, please contact our program coordinator.