Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to Albany Medical Center's residency/fellowship programs:
Thank you for your interest in the Neurology training program at Albany Medical Center. Our eligibility criteria incorporates a review of all materials submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service, including medical school transcript, letters of recommendation, personal statement, USMLE/COMLEX scores. In considering candidates for residency, we do review each and every application that we receive. We do not utilize any single application element in our consideration of these materials. Personal interview is required. We are primarily looking for evidence that candidates have the ability and motivation to develop into skilled, caring and competent neurologists.
We will be accepting applications in September for the upcoming recruitment season. We are a four year categorical program. We receive over 500 applications each year and invite approximately 40 applicants to interview. As invitations to interview are extended on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply early. We have four positions available each year. The following are the criteria to be considered for our training program in Neurology:
1) All applications are through ERAS.
2) If you are an IMG, must have a J1 visa or permanent residency. We do not sponsor H1 visas.
3) USMLE of 220 or better is preferred (1st attempt). COMLEX is also accepted.
4) IMPORTANT: We cannot accept for residency any IMG with more than 12 weeks of clinical clerkship outside of the country of their medical school unless person is a graduate from one of the following medical schools which have been approved by the NYS Education Dept . (This is a NYS rule.)
*American University of Antigua, Antigua
*American University of the Caribbean, St. Martin, Netherlands Antilles
*The Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico
*English Language Program, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Medical School, Debrecen, Hungary
*English Language Program, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
*English Language Program, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
*Fatima College of Medicine, Manila, Philippines
*International Health and Medicine Program, Ben Gurion University of the Negrev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
*Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
*Medical University of the Americas/Nevis, Nevis, West Indies
*Ross University School of Medicine, Roseau, Dominica
*Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherland Antilles
*St. George's University School of Medicine, St. George's, Grenada
*St. Matthew's University School of Medicine, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands (if graduated after 2003)
6) Graduation from medical school within the last 4 years. We will consider earlier graduation year with subsequent residency/clinical experience or neuroscience research.
Due to the number of applications received, you will be contacted only if we invite you to interview.
The application deadline for this program is November 15.